Monday, December 10, 2007

ALMOST WAS THE OPERATIVE WORD

Indeedy, indeedy, I was almost out of the mess I made for myself at the bank. This month is going to be squeeky close, but, I just might make it, maybe. Today has turned into a massive challenge. I almost forgot to get the car it's annual inspection. It doesn't cost much but I'm not sure I have enough cash on hand to do it. On top of that, I talked with my ortho doc yesterday and am supposed to go see him today in Acre. I have a feeling that I might have to cancel that.
I did have lots of fun on the phone yesterday. Fun, but, not much satisfaction. Harley's people were amazingly obtuse. The guy who sold him to me kept trying to convince me that that are not made to be used in the rain. Excuse me, but this is the third one I've had and never ever have I had trouble with them in the rain. Oh, there have been plenty of other troubles with them but never have they stopped dead in their tracks in the rain. I'm not having it. Something is wrong with him. The problem is in the electronic brake system.
It was even more fun with the newspaper dolts. I hit them with insults that left even me, (the queen of insults) amazed. Oh, yes, in a very calm cold deadly voice. One of them called during the news and I got to have go at him about that, along the lines of; "You can't the newspaper here in the morning, then call during the evening news? What's wrong with you?" I came up with a few other zingers that I can't quite recall at the moment, but it was ever so much fun.
Ok, now it's time to take a quick shower, then figure out how/if I'm going to get things done.

No comments: