Sunday, December 30, 2007

MY TALENTS AMAZE ME

Oh yes indeed, I am talented. Yesterday, when I got up from the bed, or, more accurately, tried to, I put on my nice warm floppy cloth faux tennis shoe slippers and after placing my right foot down, promptly planted the left one on the front of the right one, which made doing anything other than sitting back down and trying again out of the question. It took 3 attempts before I got it right. Dem Der had the good sense to stay in his room until the yelling was over.
For my next trick I waited until this morning which started in the middle of the night. I heard Dem Der leave (why are they so much noisier when they are trying to be quiet?) at 0430, and got up to go to the loo, and decided to find out if the key board was really dead or just not connected. The only way to get to the back of the computer to check the connection is to pull it carefully forward while trying to keep it on the brick on which it sits in case of a water disaster. Gimp House has had a few. Just as I got it far enough out to see the back, the cable phone modem fell off and landed in the middle of the cable spaghetti so that I couldn't get it back up. After finding that the keyboard was connected, and therfore dead, the computer fell off the brick and on to my foot. Being far too agravated to sleep, I wrestled the lap top onto the bed and got the antivirus updated and the Microsoft updates going. Just then, a friend I'd been wanting to chat with for several days came up on IM so we chatted while I battled with the MS update that wanted to restart the computer. I kept telling it later, so, of course, after the IM, I told it to restart, except it woulden't. So there I was in the early morning hours with no computer and a long time to wait until I could call my geek or even that idiot newspaper that didn't arrive on Friday. As the paper did arrive today and there was nothing much else to do, I did the cross word puzzle and finished that in 20 minutes. A great start to any day. My geek duly arrived with a new keyboard, connected it, rescued the phone modem and got the lap top sorted. By then, I decided that it was time for a nap and woke up late in the afternoon. What an interesting fun day. Now it's time to eat something and go catch the end of the news for the weather report. I was supposed to take my pressure sore to the clinic but as the real doctor is never there on Sunday, will take it tomorrow.

No comments: