Wednesday, December 26, 2007

CHRISTMAS AT GIMP HOUSE

While Cristmas is not exactly celebrated as such at Gimp House, there are a few Christmas traditions that are observed. The most important to me is my Christmas phone call to Alice. I haven't missed a year since I came here, and this year was no different. The sad part of it was that her father wasn't there to tease me about the Kosher ham he used to keep in the fridge for me. But, her mom answered the phone and it was lovely to talk with her, Alice and Wes the Russian. One of the really cool things about that annual Christmas call is that I can picture all of them in the house. It's almost like being there. It's so comforting having a best friend from elementary school to this day. And she is a best friend in every meaning of best friend. She understands me even when I don't. Nothing is better than that.
My son called, not for Christmas, but because he had the day off, and I got hear the baby making playful sounds in the background. I just loved hearing her baby voice and talking with *my* baby. He's such a sweetheart.

As I was out anyway on the day of Christmas Eve, I checked my mail box and among the bills and snail spam there was a smallish box that actually fit in there. Figuring it was a Christmas gift, I saved opening until after calling Alice. I came really close to falling off the bed and woke Dem Der up with my very loud "Bless you and thank you, Jags" It was only the very best gift I could ever have gotten. My very own purple bag of peanut dark chocolate M&Ms. That was absolutely the very best gift I've ever gotten and the timing was nothing short of miraculous. How on earth she got it to arrive on Christmas Eve day I'll never know, but if anyone could, it would be Jags. She is a truly good, loving and kind person and I am so proud to know her, and to have been able to visit with her, her mom and twin when I was over there last year.

Dem Der made quite a few Christmas call from his phone as well. As Christmases go it was a quiet but nice one here.
I hope it was for my 3 faithful readers as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sniff* You say the nicest things.
And miraculous is a good word here seeing I mailed it a week late. I thought you wouldn't get it till after Christmas.

Jaguar

Purplegimp said...

Jags, Don't you know that I endeavor to be truthful in all things.
Sweety, the Lord's angels are obviously on your side. Their timing can not be less than perfect, for a perfect gift.

Mandy said...

Seasons Greetings :-)

Purplegimp said...

Right back at you, Mindy and your whole family, too.
I don't really trust Jeanie to give you a proper warning, so, I'll give one now. There's a ceazy question coming your way tomorrow. You have been warned.
Have a Happy New Year and may all your hopes and dreams for the coming year come true.