Friday, October 12, 2007

WELL, THAT'S THAT

Striars rotten mean landlord had decided that hard ball is his game of preference. The bitchy neighbor downstairs who also rents from the same jerk and is arrears, (totally irrelevant)informed the landlord that Striar is looking for a housing authority flat. She got that from the mayor's secretary who had no business telling her that and is now in imminent danger of losing her job. The landlord told the downstairs people to turn off Striars electricity because the meter and fuse box are in their flat. So, Striar now has a cable strung from a different neighbor's house for lights, etc. He was nervous about leaving the flat to go with me for my doppler thingy, so I went alone. Now that I've had the shot it wasn't too bad. The last time we went to get the shot, Striar somehow got the little axel whatsit out of the wheel, and put in backwards. It took me a while to figure out why the wheel wasn't going on right. He got it all backasswards and the hoop was on the inside instead of on the outside! That's easy enough to fix. I also learned that I can sit on the edge of the boot to put the wheely together and take it apart. That is a very handy thing to know.
Having had so many of those doppler test things, I've gotten pretty good at figuring them out while they're being done. The artery I'm concerned about is getting worse but it's not quite critical yet. I'll wait for the report, then go see a vascular guy.
Tomorrow I'm dragging as many as I can of Orna's family up to Safad to get Striar organized. I stopped by his place on my way home but didn't go in because my leg was hurting a little. Well, duuhhnn. I did stairs yesterday (only 5) and drove to Haifa, and used the leg to get into and out of the clinic, so I really didn't want to mess with those 5 stairs again. It should be ok tomorrow. I'll rest it tonight. In fact, I'll start right now and go read the papers!

No comments: