Thursday, October 25, 2007

MISSION COMPLETED

Dem Der Maniac is now out of that flat in Safad and all moved in here. Yesterday was rough. He finally found someone to take out and store his remaining furniture, but the lock issue was never resolved. The landlord's parents came storming in and started shouting right way which rattled the guy who was trying to change the lock back to the original one. They had absolutely no legal right to do that even as their son's representative. They were there for just enough time to raise everypne's blood pressure and make a scene. They left before the cops got there, even though they claimed that they had already called the cops. The cops were called but not by them. They were actually in violation of several laws by being there and making threats. We expected them to come back before he left for the last time, but luckily for them, they didn't reappear while I was there.
They even demanded that he give them my name and address. I told him not to even think about giving it to them. The only reason they could have wanted it would be to harrass me. They so don't want to go there. In the end, he didn't give it to them.
So, that's over and he's out and safe from them. Now, it's just a matter of finding him a place of his own. Being officially homeless will help. In fact, he fully intends to stay with friends in Safad several nights a week, but Gimp House will be the main base of operations.
The whole town was in a panic yesterday. Everyone was talking about an article in one of the papers that recommended refreshing gas mask kits, getting in nylon sheets and scud tape for sealed rooms, just in case. I still haven't found out which paper that was in, and it really doesn't matter because all those things are nothing more than a way to give the population something to do in order to keep panic at a minimum. It worked when scuds were flying into the country in 1991, and will probably work again. I just think it was really stupid to have a notice in one of the papers, but, nothing on the news. The only place I found any mention of it was in the local online forum and it was just a short query by a poster. Not that I'm actively looking for anything about it.
Some one forgot to post this before going out. I'm pretty sure that's a sign of something, but I really don't want to know what of exactly. After 3 months of procrastinating I finally got my mobile phone bills sorted! The company that confused itself and tried to convince me that my numbers with them had been given to some else, when they had not, and sold me two new SIM cards for the phones, was still charging me for the cards which I had returned the very same day while proving to him that my old numbers (the ones they said we'ren't mine any more were indeed alive and well in my phones, gave me a refund. We also declared Bat Chen's phone lost/stolen so that all I have to pay on that mistake is the cost of the phone.
At the other company I discovered that instead of each minute at 45 agorot (=less than 1 cent) I get 100 minutes for 49 shekels per month and over 100 minutes pay 45 agorot. That's quite all right. With Dem Der Maniac living in, the number of calls I make will go way down. It was a bit of shock to find out that I talked enough last month to run over by 10 minutes! Now all that's left is to get Shmaryah's incoming only only phone off my account. It's a damn good thing that he didn't bother to check if he had a line or not for outgoing because I almost forgot to tell them to roll over the outgoing block on that line. I must not forget next time around. At least now I've gotten all the parasites off my bank account and credit cards. That will certain make things easier.

No comments: