Tuesday, October 23, 2007

LEGAL ISSUES

My lawyer just left and it looks like things just might start moving again on the air conditioner case. Arrest warrents here are only valid for three months, then they have to be renewed. I find it mindboggling that the cops can't find one lousy excuse for a woman in that time. Hell, I found her but only a few days before the warrent ran out. And it only took me two days! It really is too bad that it ran out because I actually saw her in my clinic with her mother the other day. If only it had still been valid.........but we'll have a new one on Sunday, so with just a little luck we'll get her arrested on either Sunday or Monday. I would so like to be there when they get her. Our laws concerning debtors might be medevally draconic, but they eventually work. After they arrest her she doesn't get out of jail before paying a hefty part of what she owes and comes to an agreement with the court for paying the remainder. This time she's going down. It's too bad that her father who is the real culprit in this story is protected because he has so many debts that the only way to hurt him is to prove that uses his protected status to keep from paying. I just might have a way around that, but the first priority is to get her to pay something.
I'm sitting here looking at my floor and thinking that I really should wash it, but it's way too hot even with the a/c on. It's 95 degrees right now and I was out all morning, including a quick jaunt to Safad to help Dem Der Mainiac with something. What I really should do is make something to eat and rest for a bit. I should also fill up some water bottles to freeze. Yup, sounds like a plan. The floor isn't going anywhere.

No comments: