Tuesday, October 16, 2007

ALMOST FINISHED

I might just have outdone myself yet again. Yesterday I raided my bank account, closed the deal with my mover guy and headed for Safad. I got there at around noon and the cleaning/packing gal and Dem Der Mainiac hadn't gotten much done by the time I arrived. By 1630 we had 6 or so tons of junk thrown out and everything that was coming down boxed and ready. The landlords father came over and made a few vague threats, but he was way off base and is not exactly anything to worry about. We ran into a major snag with Moving Guy. He couldn't get the cabinet tht was supposed to come out, so we took the fridge instead. He had a head start on me but I cught up with him less than half way down the drunken snake road and blasted by him at the turn onto the new 'super highway'. Of course when I got home there was an idiot in my space. By the time she vacated it, after insulting me, Moving Guy was here. Everything fit in the storage shed, and he was gone before the news came on at 2000. Not a bad days work for a cripple in a wheely! Left to his own devices it would have take Dem Der Mainiac at least another week to get ready. I'll be heading up there soon to supervise the clean up and last few details, after a quick run into town for fags. The stuff that's left can come down in the car, then we'll be all set, and able to concentrate on getting him a housing authority place.
Once that's done I'll be able to get back to what passes for normal with me! My e mail is piling up and I'm only answering personal mails for the time being. With a little luck I'll get it cleaned up tonight.

No comments: