Sunday, October 07, 2007

IT'S ABOUT TIME

Thank G-d. The holidays are over at last. They seem to go on forever here. Kids are in and out of school. There's no one to talk to in any government office for almost a whole month, and you can start to get a feeling for what infinity might be like.
I did at least get to catch up on most of the stuff on the TIVO, but how much TV can you watch before going nuts? I did get a lot of things caught up on the computer, and that's good. And I got very lucky that my orthodoc was working. Now I can concentrate on closing all my files with tax people and settle into a daily routine. One thing I must do today is look for a new dryer. Mine shorts the electrickery every time I use it and it's getting tiring. It goes like this: Put clothes in dryer. Turn dryer on. Go out. Do errands and stuff. Come in to no lights, Call a neighbor(to find out if it's just here or the whole hood). Move the fridge, Open the door. Struggle to open the steel doors on the electrickery box. Flip the circuit breaker. Struggle to close the steel door. Close the door. Move the fridge. Reset the clocks. Restart the computer. Glare at the dryer. It really is quite annoying as one of the few things I can do myself is laundry, but I need a dryer. Hanging wash out to dry is way beyond me.
I was watching one of my 'house shows' on TV yesterday and the show was all about a working mom who just didn't have time to keep the house neat and clean. They were all going on about how hard it was for her. I don't buy it. I brought up two kids, worked full time, and the house was always clean. Maybe not pharmacy spotless, but neat and clean. So, of course they had a team in to clean and redecorate. Ok, so my kids had to help around the house too and I wasn't a gimp back then, but really. It never took that much time to keep things looking good. The time is there if you want to to do it. If *I* could, anyone can. Granted I did have a bit of a thing about clean floors. I could and did go barefoot alot in the house and the smallest bit of grit could drive me wild. I found my own method for controling that and it worked just fine. Now it doesn't matter because I can't walk without shoes and no one can get a floor to my gritless standard. And it's just not that important any more. I was just amazed at how much slack they were cutting that woman.
It is frustrating to not be able to do all the things I once could, but, that's just they way the cookie crumbled! I can still do lots of things, and for that I am very thankful. I just find some of the stuff that goes on in other people's life curious is all.

No comments: