Wednesday, October 03, 2007

BEST DAY SINCE I CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN

Yesterday was the best day I've had since.....I have no idea. The funny (odd funny, not ha ha funny) was that all kinds of little aches reappeared. They were obviously masked by the major pain in my right leg. They are worthy of mention in passing only. Not one of them is anything to worry about. I just forgotten they were there t all. I left the house a little before 0900, got what I needed from the clinic, this month's meds, the bank sorted, had a word with Lavana, went to the big harware store to get the combination lock opened, bought a CD rack I've had my eye on for ages and 2 purple elephants. While bringing that load home the lock fell off New Harley Too and I figured I'd find it on the way back to the grcery store, or that someone would just take it. I didn't find it on the way to the store, but did find on the way home. Strangely enough I went right past it on the way. I also managed to not steal anything from the store this time. After putting the groceries away, I went to the other grocery store to pick up a few things the other one doesn't carry. I was home with everything finished by 1530 and a very happy right leg!
I managed to not fall asleep after all that and got a full 6 1/2 hours of sleep without waking up until morning. That another thing that hasn't happened in the longest time.
Today is a short day as yet another holiday starts tonight. Now that I can sit here for a nice long time I plan to catch up on the computer stuff I let slip because it hurt too much to sit here for too long. How cool is that? I'm deleriously happy. It really is almost too good to put into words. Why didn't I think of getting shot before now? Oh, right. Pain makes you not think.
The lesson here is; once the damage is done, get the pain sorted, if the damage can't be fixed. I don't intend to forget that lesson again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny I knew someone who had a thing for elegphants. (collecting them that is) All or anything elephant. Purple? Now that just sounded so surreal.

Purplegimp said...

Yes, purple. I've always had elephants around in one form or another. I have a very nice elephant planter in the living room, a very old elephant GOP letter opener from the old days at the Maine State Republican Committee and now two purple elephants one of which will stay in the house while the other will get stuck on the car dashboard. I will admit to these particular elephants being gaudy in the extreme, but they are above all purple and that's all that matters!