Thursday, October 11, 2007

I JUST HAD TO OPEN MY BIG MOUTH

There are indeed certain specific laws governing the way the universe runs. The one I can never quite obey is the one that says when something is working correctly, shut up!
After they changed the old worn out modem everything was going just fine until I mentioned that to someone somewhere. Barely 24 hours passsed before the troubles started. Yesterday I got up, did my usual morning stumble getting Peg out, my coffee made and self situated at the computer only to find that it was off line. After doing the whole unplug, replug, restart routine with no results I called the cable people. It came back while we were talking but she insisted on sending a tech guy who came and checked everything out. According to him, it was working just fine. Until this morning. I just went through the whole performance again, with a twist. The gal I was talking to told me at one point to unplug the computer. I looked at the 'socket strip' I can't get to and told her. "I can't" It's too low and in a tight space. Then I saw the plug in the main socket and unplugged that, and in so doing also disconnected the phone modem. She called me back on the other phone and again on the hands free phone after I plugged the whole thing back in. After a few more modem/router unplugs and a restart, I was back on line. I wonder what will happen tomorrow morning. I really don't need the agro pre coffee.

I think I have a handle on the Great Move Striar Into Gimp House project. I'll know in a couple of hours if we have a truck for Saturday night or not. I'm pretty sure we do, but it's not quite a done deal yet. At least I have the Saturday insurance thing done, so I'll be able to go up with Orna and get things moving.
I'd best get a move on now. I have so much to do and a whole lot more to write about here, but can do later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get my email Franne? You told me to sent you one, and I did but I didn't get anything back.