Sunday, September 30, 2007

THANK YOU AGAIN DON MCCLEAN

I never would have made it today if not for my beloved Don McClean disk. My visit to the clinic for my three months of prescriptions was only partially successful. I got the scrits and the letter for the echo doppler I have to get done before I go see the new vascular guy. No sense in going to see him in Nazareth only to have him send me to Haifa to get it done. Just cut out a lot of driving. The doctor who slept through medical school had to have it explained very slowly. I have no use for him at all. I only ever see him for stuff I control like prescriptions and referrences like that. As I'd had no luck in finding my ortho doc before leaving the house, I didn't want to tell him to give me a scrit for the joint shots tomorrow. I did get hold of him when I got home and he told me what to get. I'll get it in the morning, then head out. Whew. Then, I want back out to get the locks, came home, changed clothes and at 1500 left for Nazareth. I had to stop and pop a pain pill. I kept telling myself "Only one more day. Shot tomorrow. Quit whinging." I cranked the CD player way up and croaked along with Don. Funny how that CD really does help. We had a lovely visit with Etty's parents and some of her sisters, got them home just fine popped another pill and set out for home with Don blasting at almost full volume. Of course when I got here, there was a van parked just on the rear line of my space and I was not pleased. I ended up parking just a bit too far from the wheely that was locked to the post. That was a brilliant idea. One of my best, in fact. It's now time to watch the news, scrounge something to eat, and with any luck fall asleep early. By this time tomorrow my leg should be feeling no pain. I've been thanking G-d and Don that I got through today with help from both of them.
Any one who thinks that's blasphemous should have just one hour of the pain I had all day. Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the song 'American Pie' by Don!

Purplegimp said...

That is one of his best. My two favorites, other than that are Castles in the Air and The Birthday Song. Vincent is another favorite. I just love every single but on that CD. He does in live in Maine which puts a whole new light on Castles in the Air!

Anonymous said...

I like your taste in music, both songs are beautiful. Are you familiar with this video ? http://youtube.com/watch?v=qog65XHM-ok

Purplegimp said...

Sorry, but I'm not going to watch him on You Tube. I almost went to his concert in the UK, but was skint at the time. I will catch a live concert one of these days but until then, I'm quite satisfied with that C.D. He really doesn't have a song that I don't like.
Vincent is a hard one for me bacause it never fails to remind me of a good friend who commited suicide while we were in High School. He was a musician and that song suits him as much as it does an artist.