Monday, September 17, 2007

THAT WAS STRANGE

We changed our clocks early Sunday morning-0200 to winter time. Why, I don't know, but we did. It was all of a sudden dark in the middle of the afternoon.
I woke up this morning to bright sunlight and had a hard time figuring out if it was today or yesterday. I didn't remember going to sleep. I had to change the channel on the TV to the local one to be convinced that it was indeed the next day.
I'm thinking I should do or look for a psychological study on the subject of what causes people who have been helped to turn into pathological ingrates. Lavana of course paid everyone except me after the holiday and more than rude about what she owes me. In the end I told her to start paying the utilities from the stash of credit cards she's hoping to run through someone else's cash register by tomorrow. I'm going to try and have the electricity turned off today. Rats! I'm on the phone with them now and it will take a few days. Just my luck!
On the bright side of things, I got a parcel yesterday with a fantastic shirt and 2 1lb packages of dark chocolate M&Ms. Yummy. Both the shirt and M&Ms! Never mind that it took almost all day to get the parcel from the post office which was full to bursting all day after the long holiday weekend. It was well worth the toing and froing.
I can't quite believe that it's only 0800. It feels much later, but, then, by my internal still on summertime clock, it is an hour later. It will take a day or two to get the old gimp body adjusted.

No comments: