Monday, September 10, 2007

HERE I AM AGAIN

It's a darn good thing I like driving so much, even on roads crowded with Israeli drivers! On my way home Saturday night I found myself in a vehicular jousting match with a mad man in a silver Focus with a dent in it's butt. Just before the hospital in Afula he was pulled over by the cops and I breathed a sigh of relief thinking that I'd seen the last of him for the night. Not so! Just before reaching the entrance to town, one headlight appeared in my rear view mirror looking like it was trying to attach itself to my bumper. After it passed me, I realized that it was the same Focus that had been pulled over in Afula, obviously for the headlight that wasn't working! How he made up the lost time I can imagine. He must have broken every existing land speed record for a Ford Focus. I found out quite by accident that they do 140 km/h with no strain. I gave a slit second of thought to following him to see where he went, but it was no contest. My bed won and I turned off to go home.
After a quick look at e mails and an even quicker post here, I fell into bed and woke up at 0830, had morning coffee at the computer, threw some things in a bag and headed south again. I am using Teadrinker's computer, and answered a hysterical (ok, just concerned) e mail from a friend of her's in Teadrinkerland).
She really is much better and with any luck will be out today or tomorrow. This hospital is no different from any other. No matter what you go in with, they will find something else wrong. She's almost all rehydrated and only wants to come home. That would be good as I am well on the way to becoming dehydrated myself. It's hotter than hell down here and she doesn't have a/c. BUT I have figured out how she can get it put in without redoing all the wiring in the house! And I will make her do it. Having a/c does not mean she has to use it. But she should have the option.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

could I assume, between the lines, that the a/c in the car works good?

Purplegimp said...

OH boy, does it ever! I was so cold coming home that I had to turn it off!! Er, um, it's Ford. Of course it works good.