Friday, September 28, 2007

I'M A GOOD GIMP, I AM

My first stop was to buy yet another padlock for the shack. The last one was no good and Shmaryah put it on in such a way that I couldn't get it off and the key broke anyway.
It only took weeks, but, I finally went to my grocery store and paid for the bottled water that I accidentally stole and bought some more. Nothing irritates me more than getting home from shopping and finding items I forgot to pay for because of where I put them on the scooter-either between my legs on the 'floor' or on top of the basket cover, or, hung from a handle bar that has something else hung on it as well. I usually go right back and pay up, but this time I was hot, tired and had dropped my wallet and had to go back for that. I just decided to wait until another time. That another time was today.
The store owners find it quite amusing that I'm always rolling in and paying for knicked stuff. The last time it happened I told them it was a toss up between turning myself into the cops or, giving them option of letting me pay, or calling the cops themselves.
I could probably roll out of there with New Harley Too fully loaded and they would just wait for me to come back sometime and pay.
When I finally got home, I asked my neighbor Golan (it's so much fun to call him and say "Golan, it's Golan" I am known as Golan in the 'hood' because Franne is difficult for an Israeli to say correctly. He got the old new lock off and we arranged the junk inside so that Harley will fit in.
Then, I caught Orna who hasn't been here in ever so long. I told her long ago that she has to get her TV cable off my account. Today I told her that either it comes off or, she comes in at least once a week to clean up after me, and Danny starts taking care of Peg in the mornings. If I had to pay someone else it would cost a lot less than their cable, but I'll be more than thrilled if this works out. I was afraid for a second this morning that both Peg and I would be spending the weekend on the ramp. My leg almost gave out from under me. I really do need more help now. At least until I get that leg shot.
After she left, I took the car for a little exercise and filled it's tank, then decided to give the exterior a quick wash! It was just starting to look good to me, but as I'm going to Etty and Yaacov's on Sunday, thought they might like it a little cleaner even though they are well aware of my car washing habits. Next wash will be in December after it passes it's test![NO, Aron, I haven't gone soft in my dotage(look it up)]
When I got home after that, I found Danny's brother Simon sitting on New Harley Too because someone tried to steal him. I must find a better method of getting to and from the car than leaving N. Harley T. in the corner. I could leave the black wheely there chained to my cripple sign, but that requires a chain and yet another padlock. I'll think on it.
As Simon was waiting for his other brother, we got the wheely stored in the boot and cleared out most of the trash from the back seat and floor.
So I am now home and feeling chuffed at being able to check so many things off my 'to do' list.
Now, if Gracie and I can just catch each other on IM, all would be well.
Interweb IM tag should be an Olympic sport. We'd win hands down!

2 comments:

Raymurdock said...

A new Harley! I'm glad for you not glad someone keeps trying to steal it.

I posted on my blog if you want to go take a look.

You do lead an intersting life

Purplegimp said...

Thanks. You can start feeling sorry for anyone I catch trying to take him away. They will pray for death long before I finish with them.

Be right over to your blog.

I complain about things, but rarely about boredom!