Wednesday, September 12, 2007

AH HOME SWEET HOME

With Teadrinker safely settled at home and feeling reasonably ok, I headed north for hearth and home. Ok, so I don't exactly have have a hearth, but, home. Oh yes. The drive would have been just fine except for two minor things. I ran into a long convoy of vehicles from the much hated UN trying to keep up with the posted speed-110km/h and failing miserably.
I blew past them at around 120, but had to pull into a rest stop to take a pain pill. Of course they got ahead of me again and I had to speed past them a second time.
I was hoping that would turn the other way at the end of the 'super highway' but, no luck. On the stretch of road between Afula and Golani junction the north bound lane was stopped dead in it's tracks with a fire spreading just next to us on the right in a field. As there was a huge truck in front of me, it was impossible to see what the problem was. It was a good 20 minutes before they stopped the other lane and let us by. A truck had somehow managed to flip the flatbed it was puling onto it's side and somehow start the fire. It was a mess. At Golani I stopped at McDonald's for a fish sandwich and pulled into the parking lot to eat it and wait for the convoy to go past. An hour later I was home. And it never looked so good. Orna had been in and done some basic straightening up, so that was real nice.
I did some quick e mail clean up and collapsed into bed. I was asleep by midnight. Now I have to get dressed and go in to help out at the flower shop and find the time and patience to go grocery shopping shopping. I'm out of everything and the eve of a holiday is the very worst time to go shopping. Tomorrow is going to be a lovely lazy day for reading, computering and just lolling about. I can't wait!

9 comments:

en said...

Ramadan

To my Arab readers across the globe, soon to be yours!!!


As Ramadan begins, rival Palestinian factions to fast


The rival Palestinian governments in the West Bank and Gaza argued over mosque sermons and collection of donations during Ramadan, but agreed to
start observance together on Thursday in a rare note of unity for the holiest period for Muslims.

Purplegimp said...

At least now they can't blame being hungry all day on us!
Weren't you supposed to send me an e mail?
Shana Tova.

en said...

Confused......

Ok the way I see it we haven’t been able to stop the kassems falling in the south.

Now were dropping bombs in the desert in Syria?

Can somebody tell me what’s going on?

I lost the plot a while back

shana tova

Purplegimp said...

I have sneaking suspicion that there is no plot!
My latest conspiracy theory states that the crater in Syria was actually made by that new bomb the Russkies tried out, in an attempt to get us shooting at each other so they can sell Syria weapons and get rid of us pesky Jews.

Anonymous said...

Published: 09.13.07, 17:52 / Israel News



Kiryat Shmona Police sappers performed a controlled detonation of a Katyusha rocket found near Kibbutz Kfar Gilad in the Upper Galilee region.



It is estimated that the rocket was fired toward Israel during the Second Lebanon War but did not explode. (Hagai Einav)


fuck my blood went cold hearing that blaST

B

Mandy said...

Hey,

Just to say I know I haven't commented here very often recently but I do drop in from time to time and do think of you.

Have a peaceful Holiday.

Purplegimp said...

Anonymous,
I totally missed that bit of acoustic fun. Bet lots of people just about jumped out of their skin.

Purplegimp said...

Mandy,
I stop by your blog too seldom, but, I do.
Thanks for holiday wishes. Quiet is not something we are likely to get over here anytime soon and even when it is quiet we get stuff like the above post.
But I wouldn't be anyplace else.

Purplegimp said...

Anonymous,
It wasn't at Cfar Giladi, it was up on the hill by the geological park, just above you!
Hagai couldn't find Cfar Giladi with a licensed guide.