Friday, September 07, 2007

THE END IS IN SIGHT

I ended up explaining the facts of life (in reference to buying a scooter) to my beloved Yefim the best scooter fixer in the whole wide world. I very calmly explained that if the scooter (loaner will do) isn't here immediately, I'll call the competition. Yefim said he'd get on to Larry who called me back to tell me he'd bring one this morning by 1100. He tried to explain that he has to get it ready. GET IT READY? Like hell. He just couldn't be bothered to find someone to bring it up here. That's all he had to do. Get one of the other employees to drop off a scooter until he sorts my new one. Then he launched into a song and dance about how they are giving me special attention by getting my new one ready this fast. For crying out loud. They sell these things to old geezers and cripples and don't have any new ones available all the time? Doesn't sound right to me, but Israelis always have to make you feel like they are going out of their way for you.
So, now all I have to do is wait until 1100 and hope and pray that there are still local news papers left by the time I get to town.
I'm even more furious at him because that phone call set me off on a crying jag that was a combination of frustration, pain and anger.
I really did some serious damage to myself over the two days I did the car/wheely thing. I really should be using the wheely in the house, but, for now just grit my teeth and stagger around. I won't be doing that for much longer. Even Peg knows how how unsteady I am these days. He scrambles out the way every time I get up. He's no dummy. In fact that's what tells me just how bad I am. Dogs know. I only have to wait an hour and a half for the loaner scooter to get here.
I suppose the up side of all this is that it's taken mind off other things. I'm trying to wean myself off my news addiction, but no sooner do I get down to watching only two of the several five minute news bulletins, than the Syrians start to stir the pot. I did manage to stick to the 5 minute quickies and Striar was smart enough to not bring it up after the incident on Wednesday evening. I really hate it when he feels that he simply must read the blurbs he gets on his cell phone, and when I interrupted twice to stop and he didn't I yelled at him "What part of I do not want to hear it do you not understand? Maybe this will clarify it for you" and hung up on him. Fool actually thinks that discussing it will make a difference. Ah, well. Part of my reaction was that I really really get annoyed when he does that and there's also the stress and pain that were in the mix. So, I yelled at him. Nothing new there. He'll get over it and so will I.

No comments: