Tuesday, July 31, 2007

ANOTHER MIRACLE

After figuring out that Striar had indeed already the house, I went to the bank to talk to the final authority about the loan and she was just fine with my 'plan B'. Then she asked what my connection to certain supermarket chain was as they had deposited 1400 shekels in my account. Talk about timing! It was the last payment of a share buyout by the new owners. I bought one share almost 20 years ago for 10 shekels and got the first payment of the buy out 3 or 4 years ago and the last one yesterday. It couldn't have come at a better time. I can still pay a few of my outstanding debts and start next month at either -0- or in the plus column! After the bank, I went by Lavana's to get the phone number fot our a/c guy who can't do anything until Friday, then back to the bank for some cash, bought some cigarettes and a purple lizard air freshener for the Focus, then, home. Saw my geek at the cig store and he told me that hard drive in my brand new computer had died and asked if I want a 160 gig one or to wait 2 days for a 180 one? I told him to go with the 160 and he wanted to know when I'd be home because he needs the Windows disk. I swapped them over and gave him the Hebrew enabled one. I hope he doesn't mix them up because that is really annoying. The one he sold me a while ago was not Hebrew enabled and that was most annoying. For a geek he is saddly software ignorant. He thought Windows was either English or Hebrew and had no idea that there's such a thing as Hebrew enabled, never mind what it is.
I got an e mail from my son. Seems my daughter wants out of the power of Attorney on my bank account. She isn't planning a heist. That's ok because I checked with the bank and she was in fact removed, so tht's ok. Now Aron can tell her that.
When Striar got back we had a good laugh about me thinking he was still here yesterday morning. He hadn't realized that I was sitting only a few feet from where he would have been, and actually writing about it at the very moment he called. I excuse my stupidity on the grounds of having been pre coffee at the time! Today I heard him leave, so it's ok. He found someone to install his a/c today, so it looks like I can close the refugee shelter. I'm glad I could help him out. It's not always easy for two people who are used to and like living alone to find themselves sharing the same space. But both of us got through it without killing each other and that is a major accomplishment!
Today I think I'll get a hair cut and pedicure, then pick up a few small things for the house. Orna said she'd be by later to clean up after Striar who really can't not miss the bog. But I was ready for him this time. Last time I had to throw out the rubber rug thing I have in the loo, but I replaced it with one that is too long so all we have to do is cut off the part he peed on and wash the floor. I guess his father didn't teach him to sink submarines when he was being potty trained.
I'm thinking about maybe going away for the weekend. I owe a good friend a visit and she's getting upset that I haven't been to her new house. Now that I can drive that far without pain, I just might head out on Friday.

No comments: