Monday, July 16, 2007

YET ANOTHER NEW COMPUTER

I can't quite believe that I'm actually getting yet another new computer. My main computer, which was relatively new, but never really very good has been sent off to be gutted and the important bits and bobs will be put into a nice new box with a new motherboard with a whole bunch of new parts that will hopefully make it better. The guy who put it together the first time really didn't do a very good job and it was always troublesome. My present geek actually does know what he's about with hardware, and he's cheaper than the old geek. Also there's a lot of new things(two brand new DVD burners, a 120 g hard disk) he can just put in the new one. And on top of that, he's going to put some stuff in my old box and throw in a monitor for Striar so he can have a computer.
And miracle of miracles, Shmaryah actually got the liens against me lifted yesterday so we can get the Focus registered to me today. I've been a little more than upset and distracted for the last week by that situation. But it's over now. When I called him at 1700 to ask if it was over, he told me that he had indeed gotten it sorted, as well as informing me that he did not appreciate me telling Rami and Shula bad things about him. From that I figured out that they blasted him about taking advantage of me and bringing me to a point where I had to sell the jeep. He was only a small part of why I sold it. The major reason was my right leg and the awful pain I had while driving it. I did enjoy knowing that someone went to bat for me. It's not a bad thing that he got told off. And he can think what he wants. I did not tell them anything. Gossip on the subject is rife in town. People figured things out without any help from me. There's also the fact that I have never once told him so much as one word of the things people have told me about him. I just don't see the point in telling people hateful things others have said about them. And have I ever gotten several earfuls about him.
It's almost over, and we only have a couple of other loose ends to tie up, then, I'm free of the biggest mistake of my life. I can't say it was all bad. I did meet some great people through him, like my new geek, and a few others. It was just another of those 'live and learn' experiences, and it could have been a whole lot worse. I could have lost everything and been left under a pile of debt that I'd never have been able to dig my way out of. I put a stop to it in time to come out of it with a managable loan from the bank and a decent car. And most important, without another heart attack or stroke, though there were a few times I wasn't so sure about that. When I think about how bad it could have been, I thank the Good Lord for letting me off so easily.

No comments: