Monday, July 02, 2007

AND ON AND AWAY I ROLL

I knew it wouldn't take long. Three late nights and I'm already back on standard night owl time, and all because I decided to burn a specific episode of Top Gear for Teadrinker. I got the burn started at 0300 and went to bed. Then, of course, in proper gimp fashion, messed it up in the morning and had to start all over again. I did get it done, and burned off two more. I'm chuffed to say the least, that it's finally working and now I can burn a few more things for her later today.
Aron sent me some new pictures of Adee Polly. She's a beauty if ever there was one. Gimp House is going to be less purple very soon. The way I'm going every spare millimeter of wall space will be covered with pictures of the baby. Oh, how I wish I could hop on a plane and go see her.
Something strange is happening (so, what's new there?) I strongly suspect that my daughter has been reading here. I wonder if she's maybe, just maybe coming around the figuring out that one day she's going to have to tell her kids that they actually have another grandmother? Or that maybe having me pop my clogs while on the outs with her could be even worse than it was with her father. At least they were on speaking terms when he died, if not on the completely made up. With her, who knows? There's a lot to get around. Just for starters, after our last little go around 5 or so years ago, I heard not a word from her when my father died, and less than that when I had my heart attack (yes, she knew) and the day I sprang myself from hospital and her father came to see me was the start of the rift between them.
What she doesn't know yet is that after that I specifically wrote her and hers out of my will. Even Aron didn't know that until recently. When they were here and using my jeep, they went to visit her and I asked him what she thought of my jeep. Her reaction was along the lines of "Cool, I can't wait for her to check out so I can inherit that jeep" Not going to happen. In the unlikely even that she's looking for a way to make up, she'll have a long way to go before I rewrite that will. Hard? You bet. The one thing I don't need is her and her demanding ways to mess up my pleasantly disordered life. I'm quite happy as things are. I really don't know where she got it from; the mean streak. There's no question where her stubborn streak came from. But the selfish mean part of her? That's a mystery even to me. If she thinks a phone call will sort things, she had best think again. The only thing that will get me talking with her again, will be that whole menagerie of a family knocking on the door one day. Somehow I can't quite see that happening any time soon.
Oh, well, it's getting late, so I'd best get Peg in, dressed, and roll into town to get a few things sorted. I have lots to get done at the computers today!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo Miss Gimp!! Check your e-mail

Purplegimp said...

Yo Boe!
I checked my e mail, Now, you check yours!