Saturday, June 30, 2007

SPECIAL PICTURE FOR WILLI BEAX

This picture should go a long way in explaining to Willi Beax why I found it so amusing that he called me a Dem Der Bad Motorcycle! This picture was taken on the infamous "Round The Country Trip" that was the break in run for my little brand new MZ 250. This picture was taken but a few meters from the border with Lebanon at it's western end. I have a few others from the trip at each of the border points and one just along the border with Egypt. Another close to Syria, and a few on the Golan Heights, but this was the only one I could find today. I intend to mount a search party for the others tomorrow. The other bike is an MZ 500 borrowed for the trip from the importer. MZs are East German two stroke Rotax engine bikes that were imported by the BMW dealer. It was a very quick nimble fun bike to ride and took winding up hill roads like a bat out of hell. I loved it to bits, but had to give it up after that damned katyusha knocked me off it. The only damage to the bike was a slightly bent rear peg. I miss it to this day, but as my three wheeled Harley Too is the closest I'll ever get to it again, I make do.
Now it's time to go back to Thursday and the cell phone craziness. A couple of years ago I set up a bank account for a friend who is no longer so much as mentioned in my presence. We also got her a cell phone that was supposed to be paid for from that account. It's all her money so....
I got a notice that the cell phone account hadn't been paid for 2 months and went to the local office of the cell company to sort it. Of course I forgot to take the notice and can never remember my own number so the idiot brought my account up with my ID number and informed me that all of my numbers were no longer mine. I asked him if it could have anything to do with having my name changed but he was emphatic that it was not possible. I demanded that they return my numbers to me, but he and the manager were adamant that it was not possible. In the end I agreed to take new SIM cards for my phones, came home to see what numbers they actually had and when I discovered that they were still "my" numbers raced back to the self same ijit and showed him how stupid he'd been. The fool refused to tell me who the numbers had been given to on grounds of confidentiality when they had been mine all along! And he had the ID card open in front of him the whole time. He just never bothered to look at the name. The whole thing was in fact a result of the name change. I tossed the new SIM cards on his desk and we moved on to take care of the unpaid bill. I paid it and told him to kill the number permanently forever and to put the remaining monthly charges for the phone itself on my monthly bill.
She is so going to be sorry for that. I'm going to sort it all out tomorrow at the local branch of the bank where I opened that account for her. Oops, no more account.
After finishing all that mess with the phones, I headed for the local book store to pre order my copy of the last Harry Potter book, then bought some water and a few other things at the grocery store in that mall and arrived home to hear my jeep alarm. After clicking at a few times I called the company and they said it was one of the inside sensors. By then it had stopped so we left it at that. What a wild day that was. And it was the hottest of the heat wave we just had.
We finally got this computer working correctly except for the e mail. I think I'll tackle that now and finish installing the rest of the drivers.

No comments: