Sunday, June 24, 2007

GRANNY FRANNE

It is now official. I AM Granny Franne to at least one grandkid. Liat had the Beach Ball by C Section and the proud pap, my baby boy called to tell me.
I had gotten dressed and gone into town to sort something at the clinic. I spark blew onto my dress and burned 3 medium sized holes in to. Not wanting to ride around town in a holy dress, I went home to change it. I no sooner got to the door than the phone started ringing.
It was Aron calling from the delivery room while they were doing the usual post birth stuff. I asked him if I could speak to her and the minute he "no", she started crying. So I said "See, she wants to talk to me!" Oh, well, maybe next time. Then he asked again how to spell my mother's name. Ever tried to spell while choking in tears of shear happiness. She will be Adi Pauline Golan and I fully intend to call her Polly. I've still got an idiotic grin on my face. What a morning! And who cares about the dress? If it hadn't caught fire I wouldn't have gotten the first phone call. And I did get to hear her cry.

This is not a complaint, just an observation. It was so got out when I came home just now that the heat actually made my skin feel on fire. And the air hurt to breathe in. It's bad out there.
Laters All! Granny Franne!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Granny Franny, I am so filled with joy for you! Little Polly and she cried for you. Yes indeed she wanted to talk to you and meet her granny. How wonderful.

And, yes, if your dress hadn't caught fire, just think, you may not have heard that cry. It was an act of God sending you home to hear of your new grand daughter.

I got choked up reading this as I remembered how choked up I was when I held my grand daughter, Anna, right after she was born. To me she was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen, tears ran down my face and I could not speak. I could not stop looking at her and the beauty of God's creation. I still fee the same 4 years later when I look at Anna. I am in awe at her beauty and the fact that she has brought so much joy into my life.

I hope the same for you, that little Polly will bring you some of the greatest joy you have ever known.

Congrats, Granny Franny. I am so very happy for you.

The Crawfish said...

Thanx, you two. I'm not feeling as old as I normally do. Okay, so I produced my kids late (33 for the first and just short of 36 for the other), but my wife constantly reminds me that I'm very much the oldest person in the family (she's 5.5 yrs behind me).

God Bless you, Polly. May you have a long and happy life.
Numbers 6: 24-26

The Crawfish said...

oh...and you expect someone like ME to have a problem with political incorrectness????? Me the person who has to edit his townhall comments because of forbidden language at least once/week!?

Purplegimp said...

Peppermint,
Now, you've got me all teary again.
Thanks.I did have a little chat with her before she was born, but this was something else. I have so many things to tell her about her papa and what to do to get her own way with him. Not that she'll have a problem with that. Awwwwww, my wee little Polly.

Purplegimp said...

Crawfish, At your service, sir. If my venerable age and granny status can make you feel young again, I'm happy.
Just please, enjoy every minute you can with your kids. They grow up so fast. It seems like just yesterday Aron was a wee babe, and now he's a daddy.

Purplegimp said...

Crawfish, I'm thinking about opening an on line school to teach all you guys who get into TH trouble with PC stuff. I can teach you all to say the nastiest things in the most elegant English. Want to sign up? It'll be fun.

The Crawfish said...

I can do the elegant nastiness when I put my mind to it...however, I tend to go for the sailor/Marine language since that's what I deal with daily.

See what happens when the semi-solid excrementory matter impacts the oscillating rotary device!

Purplegimp said...

Crawfish,Right you are. So much for that idea, unless you want to be a teacher on staff in your spare time?
I have a friend over here whose father is a rabbi. She's a psychologist with the local schools. I'm convinced that the phrase 'swears like a sailor' was coined for her She even impressed my son with her fluent cussing, and he was never easy to impress.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Franne!
Granny Franne, that's cute.

Jaguar

Purplegimp said...

Thanks, Jags. I think it's cool too. I just wish there was a way to get over there to start her education at an early age!

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha. Crawfish feels young among us. The dirty little sailor giving us both a back handed compliment. LOL.

I love my age. Wisdom comes with age and I cherish it.

Crawfish, take Granny's advice and cherish your children while they are young. It will fly by and before you know it, it will be gone and over and you will wonder where the time went so fast.

Then, you have to wait for the grand kids which is the next biggest joy in one's life.