Wednesday, June 20, 2007

THIS IS SO NOT GOOD

I finally decided to take my right leg to the general practitioner at my clinic. He pounded it a few times and sent me off for X rays. That is always a major undertaking as the place my clinic uses is upstairs in a building without a lift. As I don't stairs (or windows-for those who might be wondering) I have to go through the emergency to a rival clinic that has it's own x ray on the ground floor. I take perverse pleasure in the fact that all the x rays I've had done over the years would have paid for at least two lifts.
The ER staff know about my problem and we joke about it every time I go in. The ER doctor who had to write up the x ray order for the other clinic wandered in just as they were putting the disk in an envelope ( I now suspect that he asked them to give him a heads up) He gestured me to follow him and I went speeding out and we got to the ER at the same time. He asked me what I was planning on doing with the x rays so I told him that I'm going to my sawbones today and asked why. At least I was smart enough to go to the clinic doc and got the pictures before going all the way to my sawbones. Nothing like being prepared! It seems my spine is degenerating even more and there's some serious nerve pinching going on there. The not good part is that there's not much can be done about it. The really bad part is that it hurts a lot when I'm driving the jeep. I'll have to figure if there's anything that can be done so I can keep it. It's time to get a move on. I got up at around 0300 and spent some time at my favorite Town Hall blogs, then went back to sleep to wake up late. I am having a good time over there at Town Hall.

No comments: