Monday, June 18, 2007

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?

Yesterday was almost fun. I got lots done in the morning, came home and settled in at the computer for some fun and games at Town Hall, after which I climbed into bed to call Ema Rivkah because her number in Jerusalem is in the phone next to the bed. While we were on the phone I had the local afternoon news show on the TV when all of a sudden there was an alert that katyshas had been fired at us. Us as in Kiryat Shmonah. I kept shushing her to hear if it was real time or a rerun from last summer. Sure enough, it was real time. Three katyushas landed in town, one in the industrial area near the plant whose bottled water I buy(support your local businesses), another in a neighborhood where I used to live and acquired my shattered collar bone, and almost torn off kneecaps from a katyusha in 92 by being knocked off my motorcycle by the shock wave of a katyusha that landed not far where I was. Another landed in an open area. Yet another hit a UN outpost in Lebanon. The only damage done was to a Pontiac parked too close to the water plant.
While still on the phone, calls started coming in on my other line and cell phones from my reporter pals checking to see if I had beer, and could they come over?
It just so happened that I had a 6 pack I'd been saving for Jeanie when she gets here. Guess I'll have to replace them. I played the role of Queen Gimp from my throne/bed while the media set up their laptops at the foot of my throne and on the left side. Jeanie's 6 pack was dealt with quickly, and at around 2230 after the reports were filed, the media left Gimp House.
I'd been feeling all week that we'd be getting Katyshas very soon, but said nothing so as not give anyone a chance to tell me to get my tin foil hat adjusted, so it came as no surprise to me.
Here it is 1000 and I've gotten nothing much done so far today. It might be a good idea to get dressed and take a swing through town.
I'm going to update my other blog here-the Israeli politics one, when I get home. It will take too long to do now and I posted twice yesterday. It is now time to get a move on and out of here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought about you when I saw the report on the news. However I can't say that I was worried about your safety. I just don't believe any of those rockets would ever come near your house, your disco, or you. They wouldn't dare stirup the wrath of The Purple Gimp. :D
Oh I do pray for God's protection over you too.

Jaguar

Purplegimp said...

Jags,
I could feel your prayers and I'm sure they help more than my threats of dire bodily harm to any terrorist leader who dares to so much as think of damaging The Disco.