Monday, June 11, 2007

A HARD DAY'S RUNAROUND

Yesterday started off just fine. I got Aron's baby gift and sorted Fed Ex to pick it up today, gave Shmaryah a pep talk, then went to see an old pal who just might have a lead as to where the daughter of the crook who owes me lots of money is hiding out. I'll know later today. I already have a court order for her to pay up, and an arrests warrant is out for her. As she's not a violent criminal, it's not exactly a high priority for the cops to bring her in. But if I can tell them where to find her, they'll go get her.
By the time I got home it was 100 degrees outside. I plugged Harley Too in to charge his new batteries and climbed into bed to rest. No sooner was I settled that the car alarm went off. I opened the door and clicked at the car, and got resettled. The alarm went off again, so,out I went, unplugged Harley and rode over to the car. I opened it, leaned in, put in the code, started the engine, let it run for a few minutes, turned it off, replugged Harley and yet again settled in. Repeat the process three more times, after checking all the doors, go back in and call the security company. After I called them and they told me that I'll have to the car to the local service center because they can't stop it from there, it shut up and let me rest! By then it was 102 outside and I was quite happy to let it make all the noise it wanted. It's only 72 now, so U think I'll just get dressed and take it now before it gets too hot.

No comments: