Thursday, July 12, 2007

A MOST POLITICAL MORNING

Today's 'to do' list was short because last night I got an automated phone call from Likud Headquarters saying that Bibi Netanyahu would be in town today and please be at the local headquarters at noon to hear him speak. Ok, that's easy enough to do. All I wanted to go out for was some of those smart @ss florescent light bulbs everyone is so gaga over. The only store that sells them here is an almost straight run along one of the main streets. It was blocked to all traffic because our criminal sleaze of a prime minister was here too. Excuse me, I have to sick. Thanks to him I had to go forever out of my way to circle around and get to that store. On the way home it was the same story except that one of cops who was guarding the route stopped me and told me to get up on the traffic island with him because the posse would be passing us any minute. That particular cop is a good buddy from way back, so I did and sat there with my arm and one finger raised while the posse went by. It felt real good telling Olmert what I think of him in "International Sign Language'
From there I went to the Likud office which does not have a ramp, so I found a nice spot under a car port in the shade and settled in for a long wait. When Bibi finally arrived only 45 minutes late, he stopped on the way in to shake my hand, and again on the way out for a short chat, holding my hand the whole time we spoke. He actually remembers me from days long gone by when his very first headquarters were in my motorcycle garage and from the campaign spot I did against the Union in '92. I caught glimpses of the local mucky muck's faces while we were talking and they were a study in consternation.
I wonder how long it will be until they put a ramp in for me? By bet is days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cool. Heh, I'm surprised they didn't erect one for you before this.

Purplegimp said...

Oh, they'll get around to putting in a ramp, but probably not until after a few the brawny guys have hauled me up a few times. Then, they'll realize that building a ramp is easier.