Sunday, July 08, 2007

RECOVERING SLOWLY BUT RECOVERING

I'm just about recovered from Thursday. I'd like to meet the non gimp who could have done what I did in one day in this country. And I got a late start. After deciding to be sensible and sell the Land Rover in order to get a car that I can drive without major pain, I set out to do it. NOW .Before changing my mind. My first stop was my car dealer to see what he had on the lot and the first thing I saw was a purple Peugeot. Uh oh. Then I spotted a white Ford Focus, checked the prices with Rami and charged to the bank to see if we could do what I wanted to do. The bank said ok, so, home and into the jeep to close the final details with Rami, then, back home to get Harley Too and back to the bank to close one last detail, then, back to the jeep to close the deal. Deal closed, and Rami's guys took the stuff out of the jeep and put it in the Focus including the important stickers. We faxed the Focus' papers to my insurance guy so he could get the new one ready. There's a transfer fee. I drove the as yet uninsured Focus home, jumped onto Harley Too and took the check to the bank, then got the insurance from Doron, but as the bank was already closed couldn't pay the fee until Friday morning. Now, all this was done in a combination of Harley Too and the jeep. Rami's is at the far end of town, the bank is in the center of town and I live just between the two. I started after 1000 and finished at 1845. On Friday I took the car for it's first drive under new ownership to Safad and it really is easier to drive and less painful, but I WANT MY JEEP BACK. And I WILL GET IT BACK.
Tomorrow I have to go to Haifa for a bone density test so we'll see how it is on a long drive. I was cross eyed with pain half way there with the jeep. If the Focus isn't any better, I'll just take the jeep back!
Today we have to finish the paperwork at the DMV and transfer the comprehensive insurance.
I hate being sensible and the fact that the price difference sorted my bank account doesn't make me feel the least bit better. If anything it adds an element of anger, so the topic is still off limits.
Susie, it's ok. You didn't know when you sent that e mail. Now, if I could just get the title of this into the Title space, all would be well. I think I'll post, then, try to do it from 'edit'

No comments: