Saturday, July 28, 2007

REDEFINING CHUTZPAH

Isn't it amazing how some people think? That guy who sold me the air conditioner that ended up costing me 30,000 shekels and has been ordered by the court to pay me close to 60,000 pretty much threatened me on Thursday. He owes me money and he yells at me on a crowded street to "Be careful" I think he has it a little backwards. I called my lawyer and asked him if he thought I should go to the cops, and he said to go complain if he does it again. That would be the same guy who was thrown down the stairs by some other people he did the same thing to. It would be a damn good idea for him to be very careful. I think he's forgotten who he's dealing with. Another flight down stairs could be in his future if I tell the person who found his daughter for me about the veiled threat.
I had not planned on going out Thursday morning, but there was a registered letter to pick up from post office. I decided to go get it, and to remind Shmaryah about the traffic ticket. After that I went home and had a short nap. I woke up at 1615 and left for Nazareth to pick up Etty and Yaacov to go visit his mother in Tiberius. The drive was nice and easy with no pain. Yaacov's mother is 84, and is in amazing shape. She does the most intricate needlework without glasses and tells fascinating stories about the 'old' days. There's a beautiful pergola porch on the side of her house with plants that she takes care of herself. I can't wait to go again and I just might go down there some evening on my own just to hear her stories. (Yaron, don't waste the time on the phone telling your mother to pay me for the gas-it's not going happen). I can't remember such an enjoyable evening since I don't know when.
I've pretty much fallen in love with the Focus. All that driving and not so much as a twinge of pain. And it's real easy on the fuel. I was sure it use more than half a tank with the a/c on but it didn't. Yeah, I'm in love with the Focus! Now I can plan trips to visit a few other friends who live in the center of the country and not worry about hurting.
Striar is back in the heat refugee shelter. It was 106 outside when I left to get him. It's not even 0800 and it's already 84. I'd like to personally thank the inventor of air conditioning. The plan for today is to catch up on all my blogs and do some routine computer maintenance. I might even get around to doing the DVD burns I'm so behind on.

No comments: