Thursday, July 26, 2007

NO SUCH THING AS COINCIDENCE

Things happen for a reason. Period. End of discussion. I've been going by the door store several times a day all week and never caught Shmaryah there. Yesterday when I parked the Focus after getting the second car phone put in, I turned off the lights. I'm one of those fanatics who always drives with the headlights on. At around 1830 Orna's sister in law stuck her head in to tell me my parking lights were on. Indeed they were and I couldn't get them off and the Focus instruction book was in my bag in the house. Not only that, the car wouldn't start. I called Rami and he told me how to turn the lights off and said he'd be right over to give me a jump. He arrived five minutes later(in a silver jeep; thankfully not the Disco. I don't think I could have handled that) and using his and my cables we got the car started. While waiting for him, I had Orna's son get my bag and lock the house because I knew I was going for a drive. I decided to go for a nice up hill ride to Metulla, have a quick look at Lebanon, then swing through town and make another end run around town by way of Kibbutz Cfar Blum. I spotted Shmaryah at a traffic light in town and told him that I need to talk to him. We pulled up across from his store and I told him that he really wants to sort the ticket by the end of today.
If I hadn't goofed up with turning off the lights, needed a jump, gone for a ride, I would still be looking for him. Strangely enough, I was wearing a dress and it didn't get all twisted when I got in the car. I must be learning. And I am starting to really like the Focus.
I actually managed to get through to the lawyer's office about the money they say I owe to that much hated Interweb server and it turns out that there is someone else with the same name out there, but a different I.D. number who lives in the center of the country. And the phone number involved is not mine. Looks like someone made a mistake, and for once it wasn't me.
I'm staying in this morning to rest up for the trip tonight. Except for maybe a quick run to my mail box.
Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to catch up on my other blogs, and get a few other things done.

No comments: