Wednesday, March 28, 2007

THIEVES OR SLEEPWALKING?

I don't know what's been going on here at Gimp House recently, but cash (in bill form) has been disappearing from any place I leave it. A couple of weeks ago 600 disappeared from the envelope that was in the tray next to my bed, the 50 I had in wallet for the trip to the airport suddenly wasn't there, and yesterday, 1100 was taken from my bag. When I found it gone, I got really bad chest pains and came home to look for it and rest a bit. I called Shmaryah and told I was taking my chest pains home to let them calm down, and when he got back to town, he came here first and called when he discovered I wasn't here. I had taken the checks to the bank and was at the store by then. When Shmaryah get back to the store from my house, I told him about it and sent him to change the lock on the door. Now I have the only keys to house, and the spares are going in the Land Rover later today.(the other door is blocked by the fridge) I'm not accusing anyone, yet, but I have a pretty good idea of where it went, unless I've been getting up in my sleep and hiding it from myself. The post dated checks were still in place. Now they are all in the bank. I am going to make the guy at the bank teach me how to deposit cash through the ATM. No more will I keep it at home overnight. I just don't trust myself any more. We really needed that money in the store account.
Aron called last evening when they were on the way back from Jerusalem and sounds like he's in love with my jeep! That's good news because he really knows his cars. I'm excited about being with him for most of the day and getting to drive my beloved vehicle again.

No comments: