Thursday, March 15, 2007

OH DEARIE ME

This is very not good. Make that two things very not good. The first is only a little not good. The toe in question is infected and I have to take the hated antibiotics instead of treat it topically. In the end Striar went with me, and it seems that I unwittingly did him a favor. We had a good laugh over that!
After seeing the doc we went to see Etty and Yaacov in hospital. There is something disconcerting about seeing a man you know as active, always busy, and feisty curled up like a fetus in a hospital bed barely reacting to anything. Yes, he is dying, and it hurts like hell. Etty is a total wreck and there's not a damn thing I can do for her, except go there as often as I can. Two of his sisters were there while I was and they were both somewhat annoying with the way they kept saying he'd be home soon. He will, depending on what you call home. As is usual with Yaacov and me and finding places in Haifa, we got well and truly lost in the hospital trying to find him and I mentioned that he's a bit a jinx for me in Haifa. His youngest sister jumped in with a few comments about that intended to make me feel a complete idiot. Yaacov jumped to my defense and found the strength to tell her about that insane day I took him to his treatment and made every wrong turn possible and a few that weren't possible. Bless his little cotton socks! I am going to miss him so much. But, for now, he's here, so I'll just concentrate on that.
It just might snow here today. I'll know in a while. I have to get dressed, take Peg walkies, sniff the air, then I'll know. IT'S AN ABOMINABLE SNOW GIMP SUIT DAY. I also have to get my meds, stop in at the door store, then depending on what's going on, maybe will just come home and curl up with the lap top, or do some more burning. I got another movie done yesterday and managed to flip the disk in such a way that it fell behind the computer where I can't even see it! I'll have someone dig it out later.

No comments: