Sunday, March 11, 2007

IT ACTUALLY WORKS

I finally got he freaking DVD recorder to do what it's supposed to do! Never mind that it took all day and most of the night, It works and by the end of the week most of the saved programs should be off the hard drive of the cable digibox. I gave up waiting for the burn to finish at 0300 and decided that it could continue working while I got a few hours of sleep. I woke up to a nicely burned DVD that even works! You don't really think that I didn't test it, do you?
First thing this morning I started another movie to save but for some reason it stopped after the first frame, so I started it again. When I get home I'll move the frames to the proper place, then start the burn and let it run all night. If I can do one a day, the digibox hard drive should be cleared by the end of the week.
Aron is arriving on the 23rd, not the 22nd like he said. Damn good thing we got that figured out because otherwise we would have been waiting for them to come out of the terminal here before they even boarded their flight.I'm so excited about them coming that I'm almost ready to leave now to meet them, but sitting in the arrivals hall for 2 weeks is not my idea of fun, so I'll just try and get a grip and enjoy the anticipation while I wait here. At least I have a project to keep me busy until then.
I absolutely do not understand the urgency to find out the gender of the Beach Ball so soon. What ever happened to anticipation, waiting to find out? It's not like they'll refuse delivery no matter the sex! Anticipation is so delicious. It's one of my favorite things. No matter what for, unless it's bad news. That can always wait, but waiting to find out what the grandkid will be is just so wonderful that I can not for the life of me understand why it's so urgent to find out. Even worse is when someone asks if you want to know and you say "no" but they tell you anyway, usually while you are saying "no" Two people did that to me last week but I'm pretending I didn't hear. Oh, well, it is an era of instant gratification in all things, for all people. Life in the fast lane, now, now, now. I want IT now, TELL me now. Why should I wait? I like to wait and savor the anticipation right up to the very last minute. It's not like we'll never know if it's a boy or a girl. If my doctor had told me, I would have switched doctors so fast their heads would still be spinning 30+ years later. Maybe we should all just slow down a little and savor those parts of life?

No comments: