Wednesday, March 21, 2007

ONE PROBLEM SOLVED

Aron's father in law came over this morning to ask if I'd heard anything about them coming. There was a 5 hour strike in the country and the airport was shut down. Nothing in, nothing out. The idiots in the government finally sorted the issues and the airport is open again. I mentioned my falling from the jeep to Motty and he told me to bring the jeep over to his house and he'd sort the step that was put on in the wrong place when I bought it. So I did and he moved it to a better place and now I can get in much more easily. The man has magic hands.
After that was sorted I took off for Nazareth to see Etty, Yaacov, and Yaron. Yaacov is out of hospital and looks much better. Not good, mind you, but better. Yaron told me that the growth shrank a little from the treatments and it seems that is almost unheard of in cases like his.
Yaacov's mother and brother surprised them by appearing at the door with no warning and it was nice to see them again after so many years.
Then, of course I got home to find a car in MY space. A non cripple car. I leaned on the horn until the jerk came out and moved it. Just as I was about to shut the jeep down, Lavana called and asked if I was too tired to go on a delivery to Metula. So off we went. Then I got home desperate for the loo and there was yet another car in my space. This time I called the cops and gave them the license number and they called and got the driver to move. Come on people. That space is for my car and mine only. The sign has my license plate number on it and not even another wheely card cripple car can use it. Sorry, but that's the law. The law also states that only wheely card cripples can park in wheely spaces, the other limited mobility cards are not allowed to. They do and no one gets too bent about it. but a non crip using a L.M. card in a wheely space is a big no no. Those cards are to used only when the crip is in the car, never by family members using the car without the crip. Sheesh. Twice in one evening, and I needed the loo. Ah, well, I'm home now, the strike is over and I can finally get something to eat. Is it still breakfast at 2225?

No comments: