Tuesday, March 20, 2007

GRACE

Ok, you can just call me Grace from now on. I managed to fall out of the jeep while trying to get in today. Of course it happened on a busy street corner in Tiberius. Lavana and I went to the regional VAT office to start the official legal transfer of the flower shop to me and parking in that area is a nightmare. No way was I going to park in a 'normal' cripple spot and then get out into traffic, so I went around the block , up on the pavement (sidewalk) and parked in corner where there was plenty of room on both sides of the jeep. I can get out just fine, but getting in is another whole story especially with my toes. There's a little step stool that lives in the back for just such occasions. Somehow it slipped and I sort of hung myself part in, part out. Luckily Lavana was right there and we got my other hand onto the door handle so I was hanging a bit more securely. A very nice man from the Border Police was walking by and he helped after Lavana put my left foot (the one with drop foot flat on the ground. He held the foot stool with his foot while I hauled my self in and somehow I managed not to kick him between the legs. I do that often because my whole left leg is a free agent and seems not to like men. It's not like this is the first time that's happened. I actually can get in without help, but not with my left foot in the shape it's in. It should be ok in a couple of weeks. The only damage is a bruise on my right leg and a sore right shoulder from the jerk it got when I slipped and caught myself. I almost wish someone had filmed it. I'm sure it was hysterically funny. No matter. I will find a better method of hauling myself in soon.
Maybe I just blame it on the fact that I left home without coffee. I woke up at 0530 and went straight to the edit file on the DVD burn project because I wanted to start the burn before I left in order to free up more room to save the skating championships that started today. By the time the burn started it was time to leave, so, I left, with no coffee. In fact, I'm drinking it right now. Morning coffee at 1630.
At least now I know that I'll be able to be up and out in plenty of time to get my son from the airport after a proper morning coffee! No burn project for Friday a.m.
He would have to land at 0815, which means leaving home before 0700. His father in law is coming with me, so that's ok. Me, Don, (McClain) and Motty on an early morning run to the airport.

No comments: