Monday, March 26, 2007

MY AMAZING SON

Ohhhh, he is so much fun, even if he insisted on cleaning the land Rover. I work so hard at getting it all dusty and muddy so it looks like it's used properly and he goes and shines it all up. He has promised to mix up some mud and throw it at the jeep before he brings it back, and to dump all the stuff he cleaned from the inside back where it was. Why don't I believe him?
My timing was spot on yesterday. I called just after he woke up and told him that if he wanted to see Shmaryah, he'd have to get to the store fairly soon as Shmaryah had to go to Yavniel to help his brother whose son was killed on Friday. I also wanted my jacket from the car. He arrived in good time, hugs, and back thumps all around and Aron made a comment about looking for a GPS to rent for their trip to Jerusalem. "No need to rent! I have one." He was amazed, even more amazed that it's also a cell phone. I told him to come over in the evening and I'd set it up for him. Of course I couldn't find the book, but Orna did, so now he's all set. As Shmaryah wasn't around, I closed early and went shopping. I put a large bag of dairy stuff on Harley's left handlebar and breezed through the check out without paying for all that stuff. I realized it halfway home and briefly considered turning myself into the police, but decided to just toss the stuff I had payed for onto my bed and go back and pay for the 'stolen goods'. That done, I thought I'd go by and see if maybe the kids were home and maybe visit for a while. They weren't, but there was a shiny Land Rover(Land Rovers should be muddy) in the driveway. They were at the mall just up the street, so I charged up there and we had a nice, if brief chat.
Back home, I settled into bed and watched TV and read until he arrived for the GPS. After much searching, we found the book, and off he went to get ready for their Jerusalem adventure. All of them going. Another trip to Jerusalem with a full jeep.
On Wednesday he's going with me to the doctor for a check up on my toes, which seem to better. It's kind of nice the way that worked out. His wife is going someplace with her mother, so we can have a 'mother-son' day. Then, on Thursday they are going see his sister. I can't for the life of me understand how she hasn't been up here yet to see him. That girl needs a swift kick. I'm just so happy that things are good between us again. He's such a great guy.

No comments: