Tuesday, March 06, 2007

SOME DAYS OFF ARE GOOD

On Monday I took my toes to the clinic in the hope that they were healed enough to stop the ointment and dressings. They weren't, and we decided to try a different ointment that has to be left alone for three days. I called Etty and Yaacov to ask if he felt like going out because stairs are out for now. Etty was at her doctor and Yaacov said he'd love to go out, so I hopped in the jeep and headed out after chasing Shmaryah down to get air in the wheely wheels because the plan at that point was to go to the garden center. In the end we went to that restaurant in Nazareth for the simple reason that Etty had to go back to her doctor. Damn, that place is good and cheap! Yaacov still looks awful and he had a hard time getting into the jeep, (like *I* don't) but he was more alert and ate well. He's pretty unsteady on his feet but refuses to even listen to the idea of using a cane. Yaron will be here on Friday so I might just tell him to go out and buy a cane anyway. That way Yaacov will at least have the option to hand.
I got home early feeling tired and happy that Yaacov felt good enough to go out. He's not exactly getting better, but it's nice that he does have goodish days.
My computer guy came over that evening and put a DVD burner in this computer. But, of course I can't get the damn thing to work. The guy I bought it from will be over later today to figure it out. If he does get it to work, I'll be up late getting all the stuff burned because tomorrow, I'm either going to the doc who did the operation or back to work.
I've been having trouble with a jumping muscle lately and after some online research found that it most likely a result of the lidocaine he used for the operation. Seems there's not much to do except wait it out. It is most annoying, but no more than that. And a small price to pay for getting rid of those toe joints. It's also nice to know the cause. I do love the interweb.
Today, the plan is to go and exchange a check that I made out wrong, the do some grocery and paint shopping. We finally got the flower shop's vespa fixed, and I made out the check to wrong garage (they changed their name didn't they?) So as they are across from my grocery store, I'll kill two birds with one stone. I'd rather buy the paint in town, but there are stairs to that store, so, I'll just go the store I can get into on Harley. There oughta be a law;wait a minute, there is! But no one can be bothered to enforce it!

No comments: