Monday, April 09, 2007

VISIT OVER

Aron, Liat, and the Beach Ball should be on the plane heading home by now. Two weeks is just too short a visit for me. I didn't get to see them even close to enough! Of course we can thank his mother in law for part of that. She actually invited Aron's aunt and uncle to the Seder, knowing full well there was no way I'd be in the same room with them. It really was too much.
On the Friday before the Seder Aron and Liat went to Nahariya to visit friends. Of course the jeep broke down on the way home. At least I have free towing. It being Friday afternoon meant that there was no one at my garage to talk to, so I had it towed here. It took the truck ages to get to them, and the friend they'd visiting was a darling and brought a mechanic (who totally missed the diagnosis), food and water to the stranded couple. He waited with them until the tow truck arrived, then brought them home. I was going nuts waiting for the "Land Rover Ambulance" to get here. It finally arrived and I cried like a baby when it got here. HE(my son) BROKE MY CAR" *Thank you Mr. Clarkson for that much need phrase* Sunday being a short day, and the Seder on Monday, there was nothing to do except leave my poor injured car in it's place until Tuesday. I got onto my garage and they gave me the number of another * car ambulance* and off we went to get my 'baby' fixed. Getting me into the cab of the tow truck was quite a project, but after a couple of false starts, I was in. In the end, getting down was even more of a challenge! We had to use a pallet lift, but I did get down. Oh, how I wish there was at least one picture of that!
We already knew that the jeep had thrown it's belt, but the visiting mechanic said the tension arm was bent. Ok, how did it get bent? That was what the mechanic guy missed. The ball bearing had frozen, as they sometimes do. Lucky for me the garage had the part! And hour and a half after the diagnosis I drove home in my nicely fixed jeep. And wonder of wonders, it didn't cost too much. I'm willing to bet that it was the least expensive repair ever made by that garage to a Land Rover!
Oh, I do love my jeep.
On the Wednesday before, Aron and I went to my orthopod who said that my toes are just fine, then we went to pick up some plants for the flower shop. It was just wonderful being with Aron for so long.
Yesterday I got to see him twice, the last time before they left. They came over once before then and we went through the 'black box' where all my mother's stuff is kept. Seems that my late ex's sister got all of her mother's jewelry and sold it my ex who turned around and gave it to Irit which hurt Aron no end. I had a few pieces that she had given me, so we went through the box and I gave them to Liat. We also had a good time remembering some of crazier things that happened when Aron was younger, among them, how I got his school off my back about Parent's Day at his school. It has always been my belief that waiting for an official parents day is stupid and if there's a problem, get it sorted immediately. It worked just fine at the other schools, but this one needed special treatment. One fine day, I got all kitted up and hopped on my trusty motorbike and went to the school, banged my helmet on the principal's desk and asked him if he was sure that he wanted to wait until Parents Day to tell me about anything concerning Aron when a phone was just as good. Poor man turned at least 100 shades of white and said that the phone would be fine! The one thing he didn't need was a biker mom at his school.
A few stories later and the kids were off again. Oh, how I wish I'd had more time with them.
My big computer up and died on me yesterday, so I'll have to get the geek in soon. The lap top is going just fine so far, so at least I have that.
I won't have the one at the store even as emergecy back up because it looks like I'll be closing down real soon. My lying adulterous partner has managed to get me into a really bad financial situation, and I've had it. Down he goes. I an thankful that it's still not too later to salvage things. I can barely look at the man without barfing. No matter, I will save myself and if he goes down in the process, so be it. Granted, there's no going back, but how I wish I hadn't done what I did, and kept my money for myself instead of letting things get out hand. Now is the time to look ahead and figure out exactly how I get out of a nightmare of my own making.

1 comment:

Raymurdock said...

Hey I hope your time with your son went fairly well sorry it was short.

I hope things go well for you in getting the store staighten out. And I hope that the person your talking about it's the same person that help you get your credit cards during our trip

Susie
PS take care