Friday, February 02, 2007

THE LAP TOP AND OTHER THINGS

The lap top all of a sudden quit connecting to the interweb so, I called the computer guy who sent the *kid* to sort it. I decided to reformat and put the Windows that's on this one into it. Several reasons for that. 1) This one is in English but Hebrew enabled. 2) For some odd reason I think XP Pro is better than XP home. 3) I'm tired of struggling with an OS that is all in Hebrew. The *kid* says it will run faster and better with the XP Pro and he'll find all the drivers that didn't come on separate CDs for the lap top. Seems they all come preloaded on the newer models. All I really want from the lap top is for it to work, and not give me headache every time I use it.
There's something wrong with all my phones at home. Neither line is working. Can phones die from non use? I'll have to get on to the phone companies later. I'll be in early today as it's Friday, and all I have to do is go to the bank and have a fight with Shmaryah. Things are just going the way they should and I'm tired of it. I'm not sure how we are going to resolve things, but resolve them we will!
Aron is coming at the end of March and I'm so excited I almost can't stand it. I might maybe let him use my jeep while they are here. He's a good driver and big vehicles are no stranger to him. He drove big rigs all over the US. I did tell him that he has to pass my test first and learn the rules to the Tailgating Game. It's so nice to be on good terms with him again that I'll even be nice to his wife. I can handle that, right? I'm not promising any huggy-kissy stuff, but, nice is a start.
I finally figured out what 's wrong with the Figure Skating Championships. This is the second year that Ragamuffin isn't parked on me while I watch. I start to miss her all over again at this time of year. I am thankful that I still have Peg. He's getting on, but he's a smart doggy. Somehow he knows that he has to get out of my way when I lurch past him. I don't know if he senses that I'm a lot more unsteady on my feet since the operation or if the fall he caused scared him. It really doesn't matter why, I'm just glad he's being so considerate.
I am most pleased with my left foot. It looks a bit like a wild animal nibbled on it but it hurts less after 2 weeks than it did before the operation. All the post op pain is almost gone. Second half of the stitches come out on Sunday and maybe a week after that I'll be able to wear some kind of shoe. It's not fun to go out in the rain with soft slippers that can get soaked easily.

No comments: