Saturday, February 03, 2007

ANNOYING NEWSPAPER

It is truly annoying that on most Saturdays my old home town newspaper is impossible to bring up. I suppose it could be because so many other ex Brunswickians are reading on line when I finally get around to it. Saturday is the only day of the week I have time to sit here and catch up.
Granted there are many more annoyances out there, but this one seems to get me every week.
I sent the lap top off to be reformatted and get Windows reinstalled, but here I digress. I think 'the kid' tried to bring it back yesterday. When I got home, the screen door was wide open. Why is it always guys who don't close it? Could it be because of the same gene that causes them to leave the bog seat up? Comes with the Y chromosome? Must be. I can't think of any other reason.
If I don't get the newspaper up today, I'll have to read it tomorrow if the lap top is returned early enough. Of course I'll have tons of things to reinstall, but that's just fine. Everything I'll want to reinstall is either on CD or this computer.
Tomorrow Shmaryah and I are sitting down to figure out where things went so wrong. I do wish I had better managerial skills. We have a 40,000 shekel hole to fight our way out of. It's actually closer to 57,000, with my debt to my brother and Kathleen. This business was not supposed to effect my life style, and it almost hasn't. It does however mean that I can't pay Jeffro and Kathleen or travel for the time being. I'm pretty sure that the two of us will be able to come up with a way out. At least the flower shop is solidly in the plus column, but not by enough to help the other account. Ah, well, I'm no stranger to money issues, and I'm sure we'll figure it out tomorrow before I go to get the rest of the stitches out. I'm quite looking forward to that. I might be back in shoes before I thought I would be.
It's truly amazing that I'm still walking around with the same 400 shekels Striar sent last month to cover his phone bill, but I am. I'm hoping I'll be able to hold on to them until Jeanie gets here. Still no dates from her, but I should have Aron's dates in a few days. Then, I have Kiri/Cab to look forward to.
We were supposed to have a big storm today, but it must have fizzled out somewhere. It did rain overnight, but now rather than storm as promised, it's just drizzling a little. And here I was, looking forward to a nice big storm.

No comments: