Friday, February 23, 2007

MINOR ANNOYANCE I THINK

I was not pleased to say the least to discover that in order to post here I must have a Google account. As I really don't have the time or patience to move it all to a non Google site, I did as they demanded and just might find time on Saturday to play with template and get it the way I wanted it to start with, so maybe it'll be ok in the end.

I took Wednesday off and went to see Etty and Yaacov. It was the first time I could go after my operation. No way could I have climbed the stairs before. Yaacov is not doing at all well and looks just awful. He's a little more alert than he was the last time I saw him, but not himself at all. I just hope that wasn't my last trip to see him. I'm going again next week too. Yaron is coming over again for a few days in a couple of weeks and I'm pretty sure he'll hold on until then.
I'm worried about Etty now. She's lost way too much weight, but looks awful too. It's such a strain on her, but who could expect otherwise?

Shmaryah had his cell phone stolen the other day and they don't want to give him a new one, just a refurbished one. That's just not on because the one that was stolen was only two weeks old. I never liked that company from day one, and hope we'll leave them over this. We know who stole the phone. The idiot left fingerprints all over the store and Shmaryah identified him to cops so they might catch him. The same guy stole a bunch of other cell phones the same day, one from a pizza place. I told Shmaryah that the pizza guy shouldn't have blocked the line because the nonstop calls for pizza would have driven him so wild that he'd have returned the phone and turned himself in after half an hour.
I've gone and either misplaced my small wallet yet again. It's either in the car or someone knicked it. I got home after dark so didn't bother looking in the car. I'll look on my way out this morning. The only important thing in there is my drivers license and I can get another one on Sunday.
We are having a mini heat wave(55 sweltering degrees) and it's quite nice not to have to struggle into the snowsuit to keep warm every day. Winter will be back on Sunday/Monday. That's ok because we desperately need the water and I'm not quite ready for summer! Thing is there's almost no transition from winter to summer. It just gets hot one day and there's no more rain. No spring at all.

No comments: