Saturday, February 17, 2007

MUST BE ETCHED ON MY FOREHEAD

It's getting old. I am well and truly tired of trusted 'friends' stabbing me in the back. Ok, so lets define it shall we? You can pretty much walk all over me, but do not, I repeat, do not lie to me unless you know for sure that there is absolutely no way, I mean 100% plus, no way I'll ever find out. But, if you do, and I find out, don't be surprised at what happens next. It doesn't matter what the lie is. I will go ballistic when it's found out. Just ask Orna. I begged and pleaded with her not to black to her daughter's wedding. She agreed and promised not to wear black. In fact she came into the flower shop and showed us her new finger nails, and I asked what color the dress is and she said it matches her nails. They were shades of gray. Fine. I had told her what my reaction would be to black long ago so she should not have been surprised when it happened. I was as rude and nasty as only I can be when I rolled in and saw that dress. She should have told me to shut the hell up and she'll wear anything wants, or at least, said right out she was wearing black. Did she really think I wouldn't know her dress was black when I rolled in? I'm crippled, not color blind. I did stay at the noisy crowded wedding until just before coffee was served and gave a very generous gift by any standards, but, was miserable the whole time. Not because of the dress. Because of the crowding, noise, and lousy food. But I stayed.
I can't blame her for not coming to get me up the morning after. Fair enough. We closed the flower shop late the next day and poor Lavana came over after a full day to wash the floor because they didn't take Peg out. Ok, she couldn't get up in time, but Danny was up and about when I took Peg walkies on Harley. He could have taken him. I told Lavana that if she didn't come in and clean up as usual on Friday, she could consider herself fired and I'll figure out some other way to get the house cleaned. Orna, not Lavana. I guess at some point she figured out that her job is way too cushy to lose. She gets paid a few hundred shekels over minimum wage to do almost nothing. She takes Peg out, cleans the house (I'm out all day, so how much cleaning does it need?) cooks and runs the occasional errand. I doubt she actually puts in 20 hours a week for a full salary. The bad news is that those days are over. She is going to have to start putting in more hours or get a serious cut in pay. I can use her at the door store now that Ophir is gone and at the flower shop. The wedding is over, so she doesn't need time for that. I over pay her for a 48 hour week and she doesn't even work half that. That is partly my fault because I don't like having the difficult talk that I have to have with her about that. But, I will now. She's also going back to minimum wage.
I have decided that I am not going to any more 'events'. I just don't deal well with that many people in one place and noise at those levels. Nope, no more events for this gimp. I'll just send along a gift and stay quietly at home with a book and TV.

No comments: