Sunday, February 04, 2007

WHAT NOT TO DO IN THE MORNING WITH SHORT TOES

I woke up this morning in a blind panic wondering why Orna hadn't woken me up. After a slow lurch to the loo, I headed to the computer to get my coffee cup and make my first cup of the day, all the while thinking dire thoughts about Orna. The coffee cup was hot when I picked it up and while my brain was trying to process the fact that Orna had in fact been in, my left ankle panicked, then buckled, and I fell in to the chair. I do mean literally mean that I fell into the chair. If it hadn't been exactly where it was I'd still be on the floor. I think I sprained the ankle a little, but it's sort of ok now.
Last night, after my shower, I put part of the bandages back on the toes, and actually got that foot into a shoe this morning. It only hurt when I lurched/walked, so that's ok. After discarding the thought that I might just stay in today, I remembered that Shmaryah and I were supposed to meet and figure out the whole bank thing. So, yes, I went to the door store in the pouring rain and we figured things out. It's really not as bad as I'd thought it was, and it will only take a month or two to sort out. A lot of our big expenses will be finished with this month, and that will help no end. So, it was worth going out to find that out.
I went to the post office on the way home to pay Social Security and of course it started raining again. I stopped at the flower shop to wait for a break in the rain and finally got home and took off the shoes. That hurt, but got better after a few minutes. Orna was here cleaning and we had a good laugh about how I started the day.
Just to show what a state I've been in.....we were supposed to go get my stitches out today, then to the dentist tomorrow. It never entered my mind to do both tomorrow. Orna had to suggest it. I'm telling you, I'm out of it if I couldn't figure that out on my own.
It reminds me of the times I made an appointment with 'X' for the 5th at 1000, another with 'Y' for Monday at 1000 and yet another with 'Z' for tomorrow at 1000. Granted I haven't done that particular stunt for several years now, but there was a time that I did that fairly often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome to my world of insanity we hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cab