Thursday, February 08, 2007

TECHNICAL ISSUES & OTHER THINGS

Why is it that I always have so much trouble with techy things? My new LAN router just isn't working right. It disconnects for no reason at all which means that I have to get up from which ever computer I'm at at and take out the plug, reconnect it and lurch back. It's getting old and this is the third router to be installed. I'll have to call yet again and have it sorted later today. The TIVO recorder almost worked. Operative word 'almost'. I will get both issues sorted before Jeanie and Kiri/Cab get here. I'm quite pleased that I started getting them so early. It gives us enough time to get the bugs out, and as things turned out, we need all the time we can get.
Today is the big day. I'm going to put shoes on come what may. My beloved LL Bean boots.
The weather people forecast a big storm for yesterday so I stayed in. That was a storm? I don't think so. It just rained without any of the fun effects like lightning and thunder.
B O R I N G. Today is my usual day off, but as I was away on Monday and having a storm day yesterday, I'm going to work today. Maybe just a half day as I have to sort the router and TIVO thing.
Etty and Yaacov almost gave me heart failure yesterday. I called their home phone and Etty's cell phone but there was no answer. On the verge of panic, I called Dotan who told me they were in Tiberius at Etty's parents. Whew! Of course if I were a better friend I would have called before and Etty would have told me they were going there. But I'm not and so got what I deserved.
If the router starts working I might post more later, or even from the store. There's a nice regular connection there that usually works.Any bets on if I have to get up to make this post?
Cab, your world is wonderful. I just hope you'll be able to deal with mine when you get here. I can't wait.

No comments: