Thursday, February 08, 2007

WHERE IS MY MEMORY?

I can't find my memory anywhere. It must be lost! There were at least three incidents I wanted to write about here and I can't remember what they were. Ah, yes. Miracle on Israeli roads was one! There was a very bad accident up here on last Sunday. A local woman was killed and her daughter is in critical condition. The accident was caused by a tailgater in a huge truck. He was so close he couldn't stop and ran right over their car. The next day I went to Carmiel (dentist) and Haifa(stitches) and no one would play the tailgating game with me. Not a one. That has never happened before. I wonder if it was a one day phenomena or if maybe Israeli drivers are figuring out that they are not going to get any place faster by sitting on the rear bumper of the car in front of them?
Yesterday it was still raining a little in the morning when I went to work. I decided to see if I could get my foot into the LL Bean boots, took off the remaining bandage, put on a sock (why do I think that's not what "Put a sock in it" refers to?) and put the shoe on. It only hurt a tiny bit and it was that nice muted 'almost better ache' that I quite like. I spent a few hours at the door store, then, got the jeep to take Lavana shopping. Because they can't have a bank account, they bought all their groceries at the local corner shop and it came to 4000 a month. That's at least twice what it would have cost where I shop. And my store accepts postdated checks for 60 days. I grabbed Orna, and off we went on a shopping adventure. Now, Orna and I know that store intimately and can do our shopping in 10-15 minutes. We zipped through mine, and I went off to watch Lavana shop for the first time in 5 years. Orna was tour guide telling her where things are. Lavana bought enough for the rest of the month and it only came to 900. If she does that twice a month it will come to half of the store they've been using until now. She was gobsmacked(ask a Brit) to say the least. And she had two full carts. I giggled at her the whole time. I haven't had so much since I can't remember when. Oh, and I walked to and from the jeep for the first time since the operation. I'm cured!! In foot anyway.
It seems the interweb was crazy yesterday. On Fox they were talking about massive denial of service attacks and my ISP has been having issues, so maybe that's the reason the computers weren't working yesterday? I got all my e mails 2 or 3 times. Odd. We'll see how it is today.
Shmaryah is on the verge of sending Ophir home and I can't say I'll be sorry to him go. His behavior is strange to say the least. He's only 20 years old but is tired all the time. Hey! I'm the one with wake up issues, but I'm allowed as it's just part of who I am, and I'm over it by the time I get to the store. Yesterday he was just plain rude to me. I was telling Shmaryah about the router issues and said something to the effect that I'm no computer expert and Ophir snorted in a very rude way, got up and went outside. Shmaryah and I exchanged glances. Think is we need him or someone like him. He makes it possible for me to keep legal gimp hours and for Shmaryah to go out to clients. I guess we'll have to have another chat with him.
I'm afraid I pissed off my son with what I wrote about his wife here a few days ago. He just doesn't understand what a big step it is for me to come around to being nice to her. Of course, things could warm up while they're here, and probably will. I don't hate her. I just have a hard time getting my head around some of things that happened back when, but if we work at being nice to each other, there's no reason I can't get past it.
Oh dear, the interweb just disconnected again. What a pain.

No comments: