Tuesday, February 20, 2007

YES THAT WAS ME!

I know, I know. I don't like it when those around me moan and groan about aches and pains, so where do I get off with doing it myself? It's like this; I'm allowed sometimes, because it's my blog and I don't do it very often or out loud around other people. And I do live with incredible levels of pain, but on the whole would much rather live with the pain than not live without it which seems to me to be the only other option!
My bank was on strike yesterday and I had a bit of a rant about that yesterday to Lavana and wondered if maybe I could sue them for denying me access to my money. The ATMs were down and the ones at other banks denied my bank's customers access through theirs.
Lavana hit me with her "You can't change the world" speech and I came right back with my " Oh yes I can" speech", and explained to her that if everyone took that attitude things would never change, and that's one of the major problems over here. Too few people try. I did back in '92 and made a whopping difference in the union here, so, yes, one person can make a difference. The trick is to keep fighting for right. And to pick your fight. Just sitting back and saying I can't make a difference is the best way to guaranty that you won't, and that nothing will ever change. I'm rather proud of the changes I forced in the union. I just wish I could have taken it all the way down. They were the cause of the bank being on strike yesterday. I do hate that union. It keeps certain monopolies too strong and should have it's wings clipped way back. That's not going to happen any time soon. Of course there are times when strikes are right, but not many.
There are so many times when I just wish I could be 'boss of the world' for a day. There are so many things I'd change. But as it's hard enough for me to be 'the boss of me' it's probably just as well that it will never happen!

No comments: