Sunday, February 11, 2007

INTRWEB ISSSUES AND OTHER STUFF

It would be really nice to know if the problems with my connection at home are the trouble, or if it's some place else. This morning the connection held for a whole hour, then just went away. Orna reported that they didn't have a connection all day yesterday. What that means I do not know. At least it's working ok here, at the door store, and as Shmaryah fired Ophir on Friday I won't have him skulking behind me asking questions that are non of his business. The kid has magic hands but his attitude and behavior drove us crazy and no matter how many chats we had with him, he never got the message. and the last straw was on Friday when Shmaryah walked into the store and found him sitting in my chair with his feet on my desk. Oops. He's not a bad kid, he just needs teaching and both of us have already brought up our own kids and have neither the patience nor inclination to bring up another one who thinks he knows it all already and refuses to learn by example or being told straight out. So, bye bye, Ophir. We'll just have to manage as we did before, and when things get straightened out, look for another kid who just left the army and wants to work!
I saw the strangest thing on TV yesterday. I decided to watch a foolish kiddy flic for no good reason and one of the characters was reading a Hebrew newspaper! Saw it twice and still can't quite believe it. Ill try to catch it again just to make sure.
Then there was the Maine movie. I'm not sure where it was actually shot. They make so many Maine movies in Canada, so it's hard to tell. It did make me feel all homesick, but I rather like that "I miss Maine" feeling. Maine is such a great place;It's just such a great place to grow up and I do miss my childhood.

No comments: