Sunday, February 18, 2007

I AM GETTING TIRED

I really am getting tired of the whole thing. I'm tired of the pain and the struggle to live in a train wreck of a body. There are lots of things that I still enjoy but they are getting harder by the day to do never mind enjoy.
Take today as an example. I had to make a quick run to a town near Haifa for some plants. Today was mother's day in Israel. Don't bother asking because I can't explain it! I had barely gotten out of bed when I had to get to the loo fast. The squits were attacking. Just what I need on an out of town day. I went with Lavana's son because I didn't feel comfortable about going with Orna. While I was in the loo it started raining. I came out and got dressed and headed straight out to the car because there was a brief break in the rain. I picked Netzach up and off we went into the storm. It poured buckets until we were over half way there. Lately I've been having trouble with my right (good) leg while driving. My hip starts hurting badly after about an hour. I'm sure that it's because I'm so freaking fat. We got to the place and the plants were loaded quickly and we headed home. Lavana, Natzach and his girlfriend off loaded the plants as fast as they could because I needed the loo again. So, what did I find when I got home? A traffic criminal parked in MY place. This is a space with a wheely picture and my license number on a sign. It is not a space for any other car. It is for mine only. I was dancing in place desperate to get in the house and leaned on the horn until Orna and Danny came out to see what the problem was. They went and told the illegal parker that if he wants a car in one piece he'd best move it fast. I yelled out the window that if he parked there again, I'd park there too. He yelled at me not to yell at him and I yelled back that if he parks in place again I'll do more than yell. So he moved his car to another place that's not legal for any one to park in. I thought I'd never get in the house, but I made it just in time. After what felt like an hour, I got some psyllium (Metamucil) and downed a dose with lots of water, put on the snow suit ( do not try to put a leg into a sleeve and the other leg into the opposite leg of the suit. It doesn't work that way. It is, however, frustrating.) and hopped on Harley to go to the flower store. Mother's day, remember? In comparison to other Mother's Days it was very slow, but by the end of the day we found that we had done quite well. There was a very strange 'feeling' in town all day. There are rumors of another war coming our way by summer. Lavana is all caught up in it, but I simply can't be bothered. If there's a war, there's a war and as no one knows for sure when or even if there will be one except for maybe Hassan Nassralla and Bashir Assad, I refuse to worry about it. But it does kind of cast a bit of a pall over things. I figure that if there is another war it will be my last one for the simple reason that I won't leave. I'll stay at home and what happens happens. I'm ok with that. I'm also totally knackered and really really want to get comfy in bed. NO RAIN TOMORROW!!

No comments: