Monday, January 29, 2007

BACK FROM POLAND

How lucky was I that the European Figure Skating Championship was held in Warsaw the same week I had to stay with hurty toes? I got to see almost all the events and it was just fantastical.
Now, I can get back to all the things I put on hold while traveling back and forth from Warsaw in my mind! That new TV really makes a difference. It's almost like being there.
I did spend a fair amount of time looking at my toes wondering if I'll be able to stuff them into my skates. I'll have to wait a few months before I try, but try I will. I'm willing to bet that not many people go skating from a wheely, but the day will come when I do just that.My next virtual TV trip is to Tokyo at the end of March for Worlds. That should be quite something but if Europeans is any indicator, the European skaters will have their work cut out from them against the Americans , Japanese, and Chinese. I love the way the Europeans skate, but the Yanks and Asians are on the whole better. It will be interesting to say the least. I missed my favorite skaters, Plushenko, Slutskaya and Galit and Sergei. It almost seemed like Sokolova needs Slutskaya to pull her along. She didn't have a great competition, but managed to get it together for the free skate. I do like her skating style.

No comments: