Tuesday, January 09, 2007

TALK ABOUT TIMING

I've only been waiting for a couple of years to get my toes fixed for once and for all and bugging my sawbones every week or so. I was amazed when he finally called yesterday and said he can do it on the 18th. That's just fine. I'll have 10 full days to get 'back on my feet' before Jeannie gets here and the wheelies are all sorted. Of course it would be better if it had already been done, but at this point I just want it done. They are part of what is making walking so painful and I can't wait for them (the bad toes) to be chopped! Yeah, the pain is pretty bad the first few days, but afterwards............ahhhhhhhhhh.
Tomorrow Orna and I are going to get BBC 2. After last Wednesday I'd hoped to go off road a bit, but I need the extra chair, so that's what we'll do and hope to get off road week, the day before the 'big toe chop' . The operation is on the Thursday, and he actually thinks I'm staying overnight afterwards. I somehow doubt that. I'll be much happier at home in my very own bed with my TV and a pile of books. I am the gimp who had one toe shortened in 2002 and went a demonstration in Jerusalem 3 days later, bandages and all. I'll be back at work on the following Monday. One major advantage is that it's my left foot and it doesn't have full feeling. I don't even want to think of the present pain would be like if it did. This is bad enough. Orna, bless her is already worried about it and was upset that it's going to be on a Thursday. She wants to go with me and thought I'd be driving myself. Even *I* am not that crazy. *S* will be driving me in the Suzuki. So he'll miss part of the day of at work. But *I* am the boss, and the Suzuki *is* mine, so, he'll do it. Then, Orna can pamper me to her hearts content when I get home.
Yup, we got a plan here.

No comments: