Wednesday, January 24, 2007

OFF ROAD (SORT OF) AT LAST

It only took 10 months, but I finally got to go a bit off road with the jeep today. Nothing seriously off road, but still not paved roads. Years ago a good friend used to take me out there once a week or so. I thought it would be a cool place to start, and it was. There's a network of dirt and gravel roads on the eastern slope of the Naphtali "mountain" range.
We headed out of town and I hoped that I'd find the access road to the trails. HA! I did and we bounced and jounced along and around the trails. I even found a mud puddle to go through. After a while we got back to where we'd started and I took a different trail. We hadn't gone far before coming face to face with a bus. A BUS? Yup, a bus.After a long reverse I found a place to pull over to let the bus go by. I did mention that it wasn't tough off road terrain, didn't I? I was chuffed that I remembered the roads up there and it was even more fun that Orna, who ggrew up in town had no idea it was there. The views across the valley to the Golan Heights were phenomenal. Guess where I'm taking Jeanie?
It was fun to finally do a little trail driving and I'm looking forward to doing more.
I took my foot to the clinic to have the bandage changed and it's looking great. It a;so itches like hell, but that's good. Now, if Jeanie would just tell me when she's coming in, I'd be all set!

No comments: