Sunday, January 28, 2007

HEAT WAVE

We've been having a mini heat wave in January. Temps have been up in the high 50s which is rediculous for this time of year. It was good for my foot, though. Back in '02 when I had 1 toe chopped, it didn't heal right because of the cold. Of course the fact that I hauled ass off to a demonstration in Jerusalem 3 days later might have had something to do with it as well. This time I was a good Gimp and didn't do anything stupid so it's healing up just fine. I'm trying to decide if I want to go get the stitches out today or tomorrow. I'm leaning towards today because that will give me an extra day for them getting better before Jeanie gets here and every day helps. The original plan was for her to arrive today, but as she was pretty sick last week,so, she postponed the trip. Now I'm waiting anxiously for a new date.
I'm a bit upset with Orna again.She has a job that just about anyone would kill for. She gets full salary for doing next to nothing. She doesn't have any set hours and all she has to do is keep the house neat and clean and go with me when I want to leave town. I try to give her a few days warning on out of town trips, but, she should be available whenever I want to go. It just desn't seem fair that she makes faces when I need her. She'll just have to sort things so she can go with me today. I did not like her reaction this morning when I told her we're going to get the stitches out, as if it's at her convenience. Excuse me, but it's at my convenience. I pay her for being available whenever.
I suppose I could tell Shmaryah that *he's* taking me, but I can't take another ride with him at the wheel. I'll drive myself, thank you very much.
I guess I could go alone, but wrestling with the wheely is not something I want to do today. Orna will just have to sort things. That's what I pay her for.
Right. It's time to et dressed and make a quick run to the door store, then, get Orna and the jeep and head out to get those stitches out. I hope he lets me take them out myself!

No comments: